TablEdit Users Say:
"As a traditional musician who plays by ear, TablEdit is an excellent aid to help me score music for others, and to transcribe notes into tablature format. I have used it to learn Irish music on mandolin, and folk and rock music on guitar, and have shared tabs to websites such as Mandolin Cafe. It is intuitive to use, but many resources are available from TablEdit to help when it's needed. Best of all, customer service is very responsive. An investment as necessary as a tuner for the musician who prefers tablature."
- Karen Josephson, California, USA
Welcome to TablEdit
Musicians using TablEdit
What's new in v2.74
TablEdit is a program for creating, editing, printing and listening to tablature and sheet music (standard notation)
for guitar and other fretted, stringed instruments, including mandolin, bass and banjo (even taking into consideration the special aspect of the fifth string).
Additionally, TablEdit, while designed for guitarists, by guitarists, is not limited to fretted instruments like other tablature programs. Through ongoing consultation with experts on other instruments, TablEdit has developed support for mountain dulcimer, harmonica, diatonic button accordion, anglo-irish concertina, drums, violin, tin whistle, recorder, xaphoon, native american flute, autoharp, pedal steel guitar, arabic oud...
TablEdit runs on Windows and Macintosh. Lite versions are available for iPad (TEFpad) and Windows Mobile (Pocket TablEdit).
So, What does TablEdit have to offer you? Read on...
- TablEdit supports both tablature and standard notation and features instant conversion from one to the other.
- TablEdit's multi document interface allows the opening of multiple TablEdit files at the same time.
- TablEdit supports English, French, German and Spanish as build-in languages.
The program offers virtually unlimited language support: 17 linguistic patches actually available.
Help files are available in English, French, German and Spanish.
- TablEdit offers multitrack entering, editing and fully configurable printing: up to 16 instruments of from 1 to 12 strings each.
- TablEdit features high quality printout of tablature and/or musical staves. Custom chord diagrams and lead sheets can as well be printed out separately.
- TablEdit can save an image of the printed output in a variety of graphic formats.
- TablEdit offers playback of tablatures via MIDI output with complete real time sound control (volume, balance, voices, MIDI banks...).
- TablEdit opens and saves MusicXML files.
- TablEdit can import ASCII, MIDI, ABC, Bucket O' Tab, TabRite, and Wayne Cripps files. Files can be saved in TablEdit format or exported to ASCII, HTML, ABC, RTF, MIDI, NIFF, Lilypond or WAV formats.
- TablEdit can convert what you play on your MIDI instrument direct to tablature as well.
- and TablEdit has many other features:
- various effects (hammer-on, pull-off, chokes, bends, slide, vibrato, roll, grace notes, muted notes, rasgueado, etc.),
- alternate tunings and conversion from one tuning to another,
- complete control over note duration and attack for each note,
- fingerings and pick strokes, tempo and time signature changes, crescendo,
- notation editing features (multiple voices, clefs, key signatures, beaming and stem control, alterations, legato...),
- editing and construction of custom chord diagrams.
- insertion of playing and historical notes,
- lyrics management,
- support of Visualinear tablature,
- support of AdTab fingerings,
- scale inspector,
- speed trainer,
- graphical fingerboard & keyboard,
- juke box & file manager,
TablEdit is further distinguished by its minimalized size and optimized code for speed of loading and running.
and see how fun and easy it is to create your own tablature and sheet music...
Fill out our Online Registration Form to purchase TablEdit!
Whether it's original music or interpretations of your favorite songs,
TablEdit is the right tool for the right job!