TablEdit Users Say:
"When I started playing Clawhammer Banjo, I never believed I could actually write out my own arrangements. Tabledit makes the process simple. There are multiple open tunings used with banjo (I've tried about a dozen). TablEdit can easily handle any tuning, and will also transpose to different keys if required."
David Armstrong - Florida, USA
TablEdit v2.73 - Linguistic Resource Files
Download new .str files language.zip (81 K).
We are looking for individuals to update existing string files and individuals who are willing to create language files for other languages that are not already listed below.
Before beginning work on a language file, please e-mail Matthieu and let him know that you are doing it.
Thanks in advance for your collaboration.
Language file completion status:
Please feel free to contact the translators directly. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Editing a Language Resource File
Open the .str file to be updated with any text editor (e.g NOTEPAD.EXE).
A language resource file is composed of two parts: the main menus and the internal text strings.
The menu items appear in the following manner (extract):
The keywords shown in upper case characters must NEVER be modified! You may make any changes you might wish between the double-quotes do not modify the sequences preceded by a backslash (e.g. "\a", "\n"). Nor should you change the number placed at the end of the line after the Nor should you change the number placed at the end of the line after the comma. The "&" character is placed just before the letter which, underlined in the resulting menu, will serve as the "hot key" for the related menu item.
The internal text strings take the following form (extract):
STR 33, "&Tablature and Stave"
As with the menus, you must NEVER alter anything outside of the double-quotes!
TablEdit is supplied with a template file based on the English version of the program (model.str). You can use a copy of this file as a basis for your own modifications. You should proceed slowly at first, carefully checking your results with TablEdit.